11.02.2009

The Gym.

I would like to start off by apologizing to all my avid blog readers.  I realize how long it has been since I last blogged, but life has been kind of crazy.  And in the battle between the books and the blog, the books won.  By books I mean school books, and facebook. 

I was at Coffee this morning with my sister and friend Melissa, and we started talking about the gym.  I had a seven day period last year where I went to the gym twice a day.  It was great I woke up at 6am had a glass of OJ, headed to the treadmill, went to classes, ate a hearty lunch, and was back at the rec.  It was great.  I felt great, endorphines were flying.  Then I said ADIOS rec center.

While talking to Melissa I came to the conclusion that I feel that the rec is just a really competitive atmosphere. 
 There are the (GYDOLS) The gym models.  The girls that go there looking really nice. They never go on the equipment, they hide in the lockerroom.  Drink out of there smartwater, and leave about forty minutes later. Make up intact, sweat no where to be found, and the only glow they have is from there primer they put on forty minutes ago.

There are the (GYOCKYS) The cocky gym guys.  You know who they are they are the ones who stand by the bench press, lift it two times, wear the cut off tees, grunt, check out girls, and go home.

There are the (GYELDERLY) The old people and the people who seem like they are extremely old, they are the people that walk as slowly as humanly possible around the track and just take up space.

And there are THESE people.  These are the ones I have the BIGGEST problem with.  The reason I DO NOT attend work out sessions at the gym.  

These are the Jimmies (Gymmies)  They are the ones that look perfect, healthy, fit, the perfection.  They are the people that are on the tredmill for hours.  That lift weights with the perfect form.  That have the coolest nike shorts and running shoes.  And you constantly wonder what is playing in their Ipod that keeps them going for hours on end, and this is what I want to say to them.

It is OK to stop at 30 minutes at the tredmill.
It is OK to give someone else a chance at the gym.
Go home, eat some M&Ms.  Take a nap.  
Give someone else a chance.
The gym has done its justice to you.  It is TIME to go home.

1 comment:

  1. OMG totally agree!!!!!!!! Hate the "gyockys" aka douch bags! Rec center sucks

    ReplyDelete